Finally, here is an update for you guys about my reading challenges! As you know I took on quite a few this year so lets see how Im doing so far… (click on the challenge title to se what books I read for each one)
- Goodreads Challenge of 55 Books: 24% OR 13/55
Currently I’m at 13 books, so 5 ahead of schedule!
- #RockmyTBR – Books I owned as of Jan 1 2016: 3% OR 1/35
I thought I was doing really well on this one but when I looked back I have only one read 1 book towards this challenge! How? The other 13 books I read were all library books and a few new releases I ordered last year. I am really going to have to step it up in March!
- Backlist Books – Books published in 2014 or earlier: 45% OR 7/16
So far I have read 8 books towards my goal! I’m half way guys! However, part of the challenge is to review them… and so far I have only reviewed two with another on the way.
- Finishing The Series Goal of finishing 6 series: 0% OR 0/7
Why did I even sign up for this? I am so bad at finishing series! I am very sad to say I haven’t finished a single one. I read a sequel though! LOL Hopefully this changes in the months to come.
- Flights of Fantasy Goal to read 16 Fantasy books: 31% OR 5/16
As unlikely as I am to not finish 7 series I am likely to achieve this goal and greatly surpass it! I might have to up my goal number.
- Around The World In 52 Books: 15% OR 8/52
So far I have read 8 Books for this challenge so I am right on track! The topics I completed are..
12. A childhood classic Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
29. A book by an author who writes under more than one name The Seventh Bride by Ursula Vernon / T Kingfisher
35. An award winning book Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
36. An identity book – a book about a different culture, religion or sexual orientation The Abyss Surround Us by Emily Skrutskie
37. A book that you’ve seen the movie of but haven’t read Matilda by Roald Dahl
39. A previous suggestion that did not make it into the list – A graphic novel that everyone is talking about Rat Queens by Kurtis J Wiebe
45. A book related to a hobby or passion you have Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
52. A book published in 2016 Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
So I’m not doing to bad over all, I just need to work on reading more books I own and finishing some series. I have four buddy reads planned for March and I own all of them so that will quickly change things.
How are you doing on your reading challenges this year? Whats the best book you’ve read so far in 2016?